1. How long have you been at WWAS?
I have been taking painting classes since 2020.
2. Where do you travel from each week?
3. What class do you do at WWAS?
I go to Open Studio on Tuesdays with Kevin McKay, or Mixed Media on Tuesdays with Jane Alexander
4. What do you do when you are not creating?
I like to look at other people’s art, I go to the gym and I love watching sport.
5. What are you reading or listening to?
I listen to different podcasts such as the Sydney Writer’s Festival talks and Rugby Union Daily.
6. Who is your tutor and what do you like about them?
Kevin McKay is our tutor and he is genuinely a nice guy. It is good to get his perspective on different paintings and to get his feedback to improve my skills.
7. Why did you join WWAS? or Why do you keep coming back to WWAS?
I like coming because it gives me a weekly opportunity to paint in a studio. I like the help the tutors provide, which makes my painting skills improve each term!
8. What are you currently working on?
I just finished a large seascape of Bronte. Next, I will begin painting an aerial view of the beach and the sand around it.
9. What inspires or motivates your art practice?
I suffered a stroke several years ago and lost my ability to verbally communicate or to read or write. I tried painting and discovered that I really love doing it and can do it well – even with my left hand!
10. Who are your favourite artists?
I couldn’t choose a favourite – I love going to art galleries and I also love browsing on Instagram to see what everyday artists are accomplishing.
11. What would you say to someone thinking about taking an art class at WWAS?