Wheel Throwing for Beginners – 6 week course with Catherine Tate
If you’ve always wanted to know how to use a pottery wheel, this short is perfect for you. No experience is required and all materials are included.
Learn how to prepare, centre and shape your clay through demonstration and hands on practise throwing simple shapes on the wheel. Learn how to trim and turn each vessel; shaping the rim, adding a foot and attaching handles. The final session will include glazing your work for decoration and function.
What is included in the fee?
- Clay to throw several vessels
- Bisque firing 4 of your favourite vessels. Additional pieces can be fired at $10 per piece.
- Glazes – coloured and clear
- Glaze firing 4 of your favourite vessels. Additional pieces can be fired for $10 per piece.
- Fired work will be available for collection within 3 weeks after the course.
Our beginners wheel throwing course has a maximum of 6 students to ensure quality tuition and attention.
What should I bring and wear?
Wear old, comfortable clothes such as a loose skirt or relaxed pants, as you will be working close to the wheel. Please bring an apron, a hand towel and wear closed shoes. Long hair should be tied back and jewellery and watches removed. Aprons are available for purchase for $15.
*Please note that unclaimed items will be stored for 6 weeks only. Work that you do not wish to bisque fire will be recycled so the clay can be reused.
Fridays, 2.00pm to 4.30pm
$360 for 6 weeks