Introduction to Watercolour 5 weeks with Tanya Baily
Welcome to the wonderful world of watercolour painting. This course is designed for total beginners, and also those who want some back-to-basic reminders. By the end of the course, students will have practiced the essential techniques needed to begin painting confidently with watercolours. The lessons consist of demonstrations and practical exercises across a range of themes.
Students will learn:
– how to manage tone and to control the water washes
– basic colour theory, how to mix and apply colours
– techniques to render light effects and texture
– when and how to work ‘wet-in-wet’ or on dry.
– the difference between watercolour materials, including papers, brushes and paints.
Subject matter is simple Still-Life and Landscape.
5 week Introductory Course starts Feb 5 – March 12, and April 30 – Jun 4 2018
Mondays, 1:30pm to 4:30pm
$270 for 5 weeks