Introduction to Watercolour with Tanya Baily
Welcome to the wonderful world of watercolour painting. This course is designed for total beginners, and also those who want some back-to-basic reminders. By the end of the course, students will have practiced the essential techniques needed to begin painting confidently with watercolours. The lessons consist of demonstrations and practical exercises across a range of themes.
Students will learn:
- how to manage tone and to control the water washes
- basic colour theory, how to mix and apply colours
- techniques to render light effects and texture
- when and how to work ‘wet-in-wet’ or on dry.
- the difference between watercolour materials, including papers, brushes and paints.
Subject matter is simple Still-Life and Landscape.
All materials included except paper.
For the first lesson please bring: 1 x pad of good quality 300gsm Watercolour paper; Size approx. A3; 12-15 sheets. Recommended Brands are Canson, Fabriano, Arches. Any other papers required during the course will be recommended by the teacher on a lesson by lesson basis.
Term 2 starts on Monday 29 April 2019. Courses run for 9 weeks from start date.
Mondays, 1:30pm to 4:30pm
$395 for 9 weeks